At the Heart of our Curriculum
Mackay Christian College hold a vision of students becoming ‘all God wants them to be’. The College is a learning community committed to creating preferred futures and a foundation for life-long learning.
Mackay Christian College’s curriculum is an accurate reflection of the College’s Vision for Learning and its CLEAR core values. Our desire is to develop students who display a love of learning and are creative, reflective, strategic, self-directed and confident, effective communicators who are becoming effective contributors for transformation in families, communities and nations of our world.
The teaching and learning program is planned and implements the Australian Curriculum, providing for students a broad, rigorous and challenging learning experience. The message and advice to our students is to head into the journey of learning – Acquiring wisdom, taking hold of every opportunity and facing all aspects with courage.
Our Goals are:
- To inspire each child’s love of learning through supporting their social awareness, cultural ethnicity/background, emotional maturity, communication skills, critical learning, physical development and spiritual growth.
- To present a physical environment that is aesthetically pleasing, safe and stimulating.
- To encourage good health, nutrition and hygiene practices.
- To encourage our staff to grow in their professional journey as positive role models and facilitators through seeking and implementing up-to-date research and theories.
- For all children to be inspired, develop curiosity and investigate the world through play.
- To encourage all children to be the best they can be and celebrate achievement by others and in themselves.
- To allow individuals to plan their learning and develop at their own natural pace.
- To create trusting, collaborative partnerships between children, staff and families.
- To provide a program, including routines that maximises each child’s learning.