'building our future'
The Mackay Christian College Trade Training Centre is a purpose built 1200sqm facility all under the one roof. It includes:
- A junior woodwork and metalwork workshop which are fully equipped and laid out to enable whole class involvement
- A large air conditioned design room with 30 Computer Aided Drafting and Design computers
- An 800sq metre trade training workshop housing 6 digital readout lathes; 4 milling machines; 8 welding bays, including MIG, TIG and oxy welding operations; car hoist , tyre changer and balancer; 2400 hydraulic guillotine and bender and punch and shears; and a 1 tonne jib crane
- The Construction area contains all equipment required for training in concreting through to painting
The Mackay Christian College Trade Training Centre (MCCTTC) offers a unique, co-educational program for Year 11 & 12 students who would like to add foundational, practical understanding and abilities to their skills set or who are pursuing a trade career.
Our Goal is to see MCCTTC students making successful transitions from school to fulltime, meaningful employment. We aim to provide students with the foundations which will see them with a Certificate III trade qualification or a University degree by the time they are 23 years of age.
With strong industry links, experienced staff and a purpose-built facility, the MCCTTC allows students to develop their trade skills while working toward their Queensland Certificate of Education.
MCCTTC is operated by Mackay Christian College with the support of its consortium partners Whitsunday Anglican School and Carlisle Adventist Christian College. To access any of the Trade Training Centre’s programs, students must be enrolled in a consortium school.
A proven student support service helps students achieve success in their core studies while gaining a Vocational Certificate and/or engaging in a School Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
MCCTTC has a strong focus on work readiness, providing students with industry exposure to inform their career pathways and develop their employability skills.
Industry values work experience and have provided feedback that they would like to see a minimum of two work experience placements on a student’s resume over their three years of senior schooling. MCCTCC provides opportunity for fulltime students to complete a minimum of seven work experience placements during Years 11 & 12.
INDUSTRY TRAINING AREAS
- Building - Construction & Carpentry, Concreting, Bricklaying, Cabinet Making, Fibrous Plastering, General Plumbing, Painting & Decorating.
- Engineering - Metal Fabrication, Fitter & Boiler Making.
Trade Pathway Students
Those who are seeking to graduate from Year 12 into an Engineering or Construction Trade Career.
MCCTTC Trade Pathway students will graduate with Certificate I in Construction and a Certificate II in Engineering Pathways. In addition to these nationally recognised qualifications, MCCTTC Trade students and staff will work towards securing a future in the students preferred trade area through a School based Apprenticeship/Traineeship (SAT).
Single Subject Pathway Students
Those who are considering University entrance or another career pathway.
MCCTTC Single Subject Pathway is for current Year 12 Students or those seeking an OP score (Year 11 Students seeking an ATAR) for University entrance who would like to add some foundational, practical understanding and gain hands on experience. These students may choose to undertake either a Certificate I in Construction or Certificate II in Engineering Pathways as one of their subject electives.
MCCTTC Single Subject Pathway students will go to school as normal and attend the TTC in the time allocated on the timetable. All students accessing the MCCTTC will be eligible for a Queensland Certificate of Education.